At 5 am Saturday morning, 19 of us loaded up on a bus bound for Venice-Treviso Airport. Arriving shortly before 6 we had to wait until the doors were unlocked. But after 2 hours of waiting in the airport, 19 Cimbites boarded a RyanAir plane bound for Brussels, Belgium. The flight was around 2 hrs and I slept the entire way. We finally made it to our hostel in Brussels around noon and began to explore the city.
We ate waffles for lunch that were delicious! We saw the Manneken Pis (everyone agree with how anti-climatic I thought the statue was the first time I saw it when Mom and I visited Meghan in Belgium). We had Kebab sandwiches for dinner, then went to Delirium. Delirium is a beer bar that has made the Guinness Book of world records for most types of beer. It was a really fun place, but everyone could smoke inside, I have never appreciated the no smoking indoors rule so much!
Highlights from Brussels:
View down one of the streets, lined with shops and people.
The Manneken Pis dressed for the Chinese New Year (I think)
A waffle stand that we visited...doesn't it look so good!
Chelsea and I with a cat riding a bicycle. How unusual!
The rest of the week will follow.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment